Andrew ManlyAndrew Manly is a 45 year veteran of the packaging industry
Andrew Manly is a 45 year veteran of the packaging industry. For 20 years he was the head of the UK’s Processing & Packaging Machinery Association (PPMA), which he helped to found, along with the PPMA Show. He established the magazine Machinery Update and was its editor in chief for many years.
He also helped found AIPIA in 2011 and is responsible for the AIPIA on-line newsletters and writes many articles for other journals, as well as giving lectures and presentations on Smart Packaging around the world.
He also works with the European Aluminium Foil Association (EAFA) on its communications as well as Flexible Packaging Europe (FPE) and CEFLEX on sustainability issues for the plastics industry. In addition he writes for several packaging companies on their technology developments.
Diaa Ahmed MareyDiaa has a deep understanding of the complex regulations and guidelines
Diaa has a deep understanding of the complex regulations and guidelines that govern food safety and quality. He held various roles in Quality and Food Safety with Marriott, Domino’s Pizza, Cilantro, La Poire , Juhayna and Etoile. Diaa is HACCP Certified.
He is working on Ensuring and surpassing the safety and satisfaction requirements of all customers, Applying the basics of Quality statics to be a cornerstone in a decision making. As well as Increasing the awareness & use of confectionery science & technology and their effect role in confectionery improvement.
Dr. Madiha MetawieDr. Madiha Metawie earned a PhD from University
Dr. Madiha Metawie earned a PhD from University of Sunderland in the UK and M.Sc. from the Faculty of Commerce, Ain Shams University. She was promoted to an Associate Professor in Marketing in 2016.
She has been teaching since 1995 in the faculty of Commerce as a member of the academic staff, other private universities, and currently in the Faculty of Business Administration, Economics and Political Science, The British University in Egypt.
She occupied several positions as Community service officer, acting Head of Business Department and currently the marketing specialism coordinator, and the Director of the M.Sc. Programme.
Dr.Sherif AliHe is an approved lead auditor & lead tutor with +12 years of experience
He is an approved lead auditor & lead tutor with +12 years of experience (BRCGS Food & Packaging, FSMA, BRCGS Gluten Free, FSSC Food & Packaging, Organic, ISO 22000, ISO 45001 & ISO 9001).
Dr.Sherif Ali a nominated HIGHFIELD Tutor. Also, he is an approved YUM auditor for (FSA, QSA & Animal Welfare).
Dr.Sherif was graduated from veterinary medicine and food science faculty, Cairo University.
He conducted more than +2000 man-days of audits and train more than 10000 trainees across Europe, Asia and Africa.
Eng. Khaled RaafatTileGreen is an Egyptian startup that created a patented technology
TileGreen is an Egyptian startup that created a patented technology which turns low-value & unrecyclable plastic into eco-friendly, highly-performing, and competitively-priced building materials.
TileGreen has managed with its state-of-the-art technology to mechanically recycle food packaging materials that has been almost impossible to recycle on a mass scale.
His experience in solid waste management, industrial manufacturing processes, and green building materials.
Eng. Mohsen KoranyMohsen Korany is the Project Manager of Misr Polymers Industries
Mohsen Korany is the Project Manager of Misr Polymers Industries, Lasheen Group, with over 30 years of experience in the printing and packaging field, ensuring that packaging projects are delivered on time, with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
Overseeing, managing, and ensuring quality of packaging materials, ensuring imagery and content is accurate and maintained to organizational standards.
Eng. Sherine Fahmy She received a B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering from The American University in CairoEng. Sherine FahmyShe received a B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering from The American University in Cairo
She received a B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering from The American University in Cairo, followed by a Graduate Diploma in Environmental Engineering.
She is a LEED Accredited Professional and a Certified Senior Management Trainer and Co-Active Coach. Sherine is Co-Founder, Board Member and Treasurer of the Egypt Green Building Council, emerging member of the World Green Building Council, a nonprofit NGO with the objective of promoting the culture of Green Building in Egypt.
She is also the CEO of EcoStrategies for Sustainable Development, that supports several LEED, Tarsheed and Edge projects in Egypt.
Eng.Hatem EldeebHe is the regional Sustainability solutions manager for Honeywell
He is the regional Sustainability solutions manager for Honeywell Building Technologies covering the region North Africa.
As a Certified Energy Manager, Hatem is leading the sustainability solutions team to support the customer in their sustainability journey and to achieve their Environmental, Social & Governance goals through running a complete program for decarbonization in buildings Hatem holds a Bachelor of Science from faculty of Engineering – Ain Shams University with a Mechanical Power Engineering major and have more than 14 years of experience in Electromechanical field and Energy saving.
Eng.Mohamed ZeinMohamed Zein is an innovative and entrepreneurial professional with over 10 years
Mohamed Zein is an innovative and entrepreneurial professional with over 10 years of experience in B2B customer-facing roles with a deep understanding of technology and its applications. Throughout his career, he has shown a strong interest in Consultancy, Digital Transformation, and Product Management, and has been a key player in driving growth and success in these areas.
Zein’s experience includes co-founding Teradix eProcurement Solutions, a B2B SaaS and marketplace that is disrupting the eProcurement and fintech industries. In his role as COO, he leverages his analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to help drive the company’s growth and success. Prior to Teradix, Zein worked as a Solutions Consultant for Redington Middle East and Africa and spent time at Dell Technologies as a Global Technical Support Engineer.
Zein holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Engineering from Minufiya University and completed a program in Innovation Management and Technology Entrepreneurship from the Institute of International Education in Texas, USA.
Khaled El SharkawyKhaled is experienced supply chain leader with more than 20 years
Khaled is experienced supply chain leader with more than 20 years of experience across Middle East, he held various roles in Manufacturing, Planning & Supply Strategy with Mars, PepsiCo and Leoni, currently he is in Americana as Egypt Supply Chain Senior Director since 2021, working to consolidate all companies under One Americana Food
Mohammad LasheenMohammad Lasheen is one of the uprising new generation
Mohammad Lasheen is one of the uprising new generation of Shareholders of Misr Polymers Industries- Lasheen Group (one of the leading plastic industries in Egypt, founded in 1975), started in the family business in the year 2015 entered with a vision to supply the regional and global markets with high quality, durable products while being socially and environmentally conscious.
Misr Polymers Industries are specialized in flexible packaging and printing for all plastic bags of all packaged goods, providing customers with flexible packaging that is both competitive and advanced.
- Timezone: Europe/Moscow
- Date: مايو 28 - 30 2023
- Time: All Day
- مايو 28 - 30 2023
- All Day
ProPak MENA at Egypt International Exhibition Center
ProPak MENA is Africa’s processing & packaging event for the F&B manufacturing industry
ProPak MENA will be held from 28 – 30 May 2023 in Egypt International Exhibition Center. This year’s show will bring together hundreds of exhibitor companies from 20+ countries and 9000 of food and beverages professionals from 56+ countries.
What is ProPak MENA ?
ProPak MENA is the newest member of the ProPak Exhibitions family, launched in 2021 as part of Africa Food Manufacturing and co-located with Fi Africa. ProPak MENA is Africa’s processing & packaging event for the F&B manufacturing industry, offering a 365 Marketplace for our communities to interact, network, and build knowledge around the latest industry trends through online and physical opportunities.
In 2023, ProPak MENA will take place from 28 – 30 May in Egypt, Africa’s largest food and beverage market and the region’s most dynamic consumer goods market.
Highlights of ProPak MENA 2022
More than 8000 visitors attended the exhibition from 53 countries to connect with the industry leaders and meet 300 leading brands in the F&B manufacturing industry over 3 days.
This edition has witnessed an increase in the exhibition space to 17,500 square meters to cover the entire food manufacturing value chain.
Successful meetings were held between the exhibition participants from various markets all over the world through the matchmaking program
Take advantage of Africa’s expanding market.
Connect with the entire industry in one place.
Meet buyers from Egypt and the wider African continent through pre-arranged meetings and online matchmaking.
Grow your brand awareness through extensive marketing campaigns and digital offerings.
Stay on top of the latest market developments with our wide range of conference sessions.
Africa F&B Processing & Packaging Market Overview
The African packaging market is expected to reach a CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period (2021 – 2026). The market is driven by an expanding population of youthful consumers, increased demands for consumer products, burgeoning individual incomes, and growing domestic economies-particularly those in East and West Africa.
The Middle East and Africa Beverage Packaging Market was worth USD 14.75 billion in 2021 and is estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 4.07%, to reach USD 18.01 billion by 2026.
The Beverage Packaging market is being driven by factors like changing consumer buying behavior and the need for the longer shelf life of products.
The African packaging market is segmented by Material (Paper and Paperboard, Plastic, Metal, Glass), Product Type (Plastic Bottles, Glass Bottles, Corrugated Boxes, Metal Cans, Other Applications), End-User Industry (Beverage, Food, Pharmaceuticals, Household, and Personal Care, Other Applications), and Country (Egypt, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Rest of Africa)
Location: Click Here
Registration: Click Here
Stand Enquiry: Click Here
May 28th 2023
- 11:00 - 10:00
- Track 1 : Water Management, treatment, efficiency and saving
- Exhibition opening and walk around
- 11:30 - 11:00
- Smart Water for Resilient & Sustainable food Plant Operations
- Ahmed Madkour "Industries VP for Schneider Electric Northeast Africa & Levant"
- 12:30 - 12:00
- Net Zero concept in the food and beverage industry
- Dr Salah El Haggar "President of Egypt Green Building Council& Professor of Energy and Sustainable Development, AUC"
- 13.30 - 13:00
- Track 2 : Running a sustainable factory
- Dr. Sherine Fahmy "CEO of EcoStrategies for Sustainable Development"
- 14:00 - 13.30
- Energy saving potential in the food, Beverage, Confectionary and Dairy industry
- Amr Attia "Product Marketing Manager at Forbes Marshall"
- 15:00 - 14.30
- Walking F&B factories towards efficient and sustianable production measures
- Eng. Ahmed Kamal Executive Director ECO FEI"
- 15.30 - 15:00
- Green Energy in F&B
- Hatem El Deeb "Sustainability Solutions Manager North Africa - Honeywell"
- 16:00 - 15.30
- Solar Energy Technologies in Food Manufacturing
- Sara Diab "Strategy and Investment Manager at KarmSolar"
- 16.30 - 16:00
- Energy Efficiency Technologies
- Team System Optimization & Insulation
- 17:00 - 16.30
- Energy and resource efficiency in Egyptian bakeries: lessons from the field activities of the ER2FOOD project
- Tristan De La Haye "Project Manager - Economic Development Unit - North South Consultants Exchange"
- 17.30 - 17:00
- Energy Efficiency Technologies
- Sherif A. Mostafa "Lead Auditor, Tutor and Techncial Reviewer-Certification Department TÜV NORD EGYPT"
May 29th 2023
- 11.00 - 11:00
- Track 4 : Packaging & printing solutions : Innovative Packaging - Sustainable Packaging - Healthy Packaging
- 11.30 - 11.30
- The Challenges facing global sustainable packaging
- Prof. Pierre Pienaar "President World Packaging Organization"
- 12.30 - 12.30
- Turning Low Value &Unrecyclable Plastic Waste Into Highly Performing, Ecofriendly Building Material
- Khaled Raafat "Co-founder Tile Green"
Speakers:Eng. Khaled Raafat
- 13:00 - 12.30
- Trading & cooperation opportunities with Tunisia
- Hager Ben Mami "Marketing Manger at Packtec Tunisia"
- 15.30 - 15:00
- The role of packaging in achieveing food safety
- Mohammad Lasheen & Eng Mohsen Korany "Misr Polymers Industries- Lasheen Group"
- 16:00 - 15.30
- Carton Packaging
- The current status of Egypt and African efforts
- 16.30 - 17:00
- Packaging for Marketing
- Soha Atallah "Director of LibanPack - VP WPO"
- 17:00 - 17:30
- The AFCFTA role in bringing together the African F&B manufacturing & packaging industry
- Ahmed Omah "Chairman African Packaging Organization"
May 30th 2023
- 10:30 - 11:00
- Track 5 : Supply Chain Management
- Khaled El Sharkway "Supply Chain Senior Director at Americana"
Speakers:Khaled El Sharkawy
- 11:00 - 11:30
- Supply Chain for E-commerce
- Mohamed Saleh "Project consultant and expert in Strategic Planning and Business Analysis"
- 11:30 - 12:00
- Advantages of private label: Antecedents and consequences of private label brand attitude in the Egyptian Retailers
- Dr.Madiha Metawie "Associate Professor in Marketing, Programme Director of M.Sc, BUE"
Speakers:Dr. Madiha Metawie
- 12:00 - 12:30
- How food safety plays in an important role in supply chain management
- Atef Idriss "MEFOSA"
- 12:30 - 13:00
- Innovations Driving the Future of Procurement in the Food Industry
- Innovations Driving the Future of Procurement in the Food Industry
- 13:00 - 15:00
- Intra country trade opportunities
- Panel discussion on 1 year discussions, results and inititatives of ProPak MENA packaging advisory board